Re: 3.12 regression: i915 warnings

From: Woody Suwalski
Date: Sat Sep 28 2013 - 16:33:27 EST

Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Woody Suwalski <terraluna977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Woody Suwalski <terraluna977@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Daniel, I have noticed these warnings on 3.12-rc1, did not go away on
3.12-rc2.
I see it only on EeePC with i915,not on ThinkPad with Radeon.
It is a 32-bit kernel with overlayfs and TuxOnIce patches, so not
perfectly
clean, however same config and patches on 3.11 do not show these issues.
No,sorry, did not have time to investigate further or bisect.If you have
quick test in mind - I will try ;-)

a) Please always cc: relevant mailing lists, not just your maintainer.
b) Please retest with latest drm-intel-fixes from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel/
c) If that doesn't help please boot with drm.debug=0xe, reproduce the
issue once and attach the complete dmesg. Please make sure that it
contains everything from boot-up to the WARN.

Thanks, Daniel
For now I can do the last - a complete dmesg with drm.debug attached...
I have hoped that you were to reply "Yawn, an old issue..." 8-)
Here we go: Mode flag mismatch in the tv encoder, should be fixed with

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel/commit/?id=1062b81598bc00e2f6620e6f3788f8f8df2f01e7

Pull request is already out and patch is cc: stable, so should show up
in a kernel near you soon.
-Daniel
Warnings are gone with this patch (and other 4 patches since 3.2.12-rc2 from drm tree).

Thanks, Woody