Re: [GIT PULL] perf fixes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Sep 12 2013 - 14:10:46 EST

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I compiled "perf" at the same time as doing a big kernel compile,
> the kernel compile failed

Oops. That may actually have been me being a bit *too* eager with a
"make allmodconfig" build. I can't reproduce it, and I'm starting to
suspect that I instead had two kernel compiles going, not one kernel
compile and a tools/perf/ compile.

"Yo Dawg, I heard you like kernel compiles, so I put a kernel
compile in your kernel compile so that you can compile the kernel
while you compile the kernel".

But at least the "make install" problem is repeatable, though.

Linus