checkpatch.pl: false warning about "-p0 patch"

From: Brian Norris
Date: Thu Aug 22 2013 - 17:46:02 EST

Hello,

I have received what appears to be a false warning from checkpatch.pl when
checking a patch named 'b':

$ scripts/checkpatch.pl b
WARNING: patch prefix 'b' exists, appears to be a -p0 patch

total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 16 lines checked

b has style problems, please review.

If any of these errors are false positives, please report
them to the maintainer, see CHECKPATCH in MAINTAINERS.

It appears that I can trigger this warning with any arbitrary commit. The
following bash script gives me at least one warning for everything in Linus'
tree:

for i in {0..100}
do
git format-patch -1 HEAD~$i --stdout > b
scripts/checkpatch.pl b
done

I have also seen this warning on patches with other names, but I'm not
reproducing that right now.

Brian