Re: ADSL/ATM linklayer tc shaping regression fix commits for stable

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer
Date: Thu Aug 22 2013 - 04:42:03 EST

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 01:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:04:26 +0200
>
> > So, for future reference:
> >
> > Stable patches for the networking tree, I should:
> > 1) check http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/davem/stable/?state=*
> > to see if my patch is already on your stable queue
> > 2) if not, ask you and cc netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > 3) you will handle the interaction with Greg and stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Correct?
>
> Yes, and that's how it's been with the networking for years.

Yes, and in the future, documentation of this will be available here:
Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.txt

Right now is only available via net-next:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/tree/Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.txt
or
https://lwn.net/Articles/559211/

Guess, we should add a pointer to this new doc from
Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt once it hits Linus'es tree.

Now I cannot find any more ways to spell-it-out, for people searching google ;-)
--
Best regards,
Jesper Dangaard Brouer