Re: ADSL/ATM linklayer tc shaping regression fix commits for stable

From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer
Date: Thu Aug 22 2013 - 04:04:42 EST

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:20:23 -0700 (PDT)
David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:03:50 +0200
>

> > On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 08:16:50 -0700
> > Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 01:26:29PM +0200, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> If there are issues with 3.10, that's a different story.

> > Needed because it fixes the accuracy of the rate calc.

> > Needed because we broke userspace interface.
> >
> >> David sends me the networking patches for the stable tree, and if he
> >> thinks these are applicable, then I'll take them.
> >
> > DaveM, please? What do you want me to do, submit this req/patches somehow?
> >
> > (Can see that is not currently on your stable queue via:
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/davem/stable/?state=*)
>
> I'll put it there, you just have to formally ask me to do it that's
> all.

Thanks, I assume that this was formally enough and you are taking the patches.

So, for future reference:

Stable patches for the networking tree, I should:
1) check http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/davem/stable/?state=*
to see if my patch is already on your stable queue
2) if not, ask you and cc netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3) you will handle the interaction with Greg and stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Correct?

> Asking Greg to do it directly is a complete waste of time. :-)

I'll remember that. I was just following Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt,
I guess I should have known better as all my previous stable patches
have automagically been picked up and processed by you :-)

--
Best regards,
Jesper Dangaard Brouer