Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.10.6-rt3

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Tue Aug 20 2013 - 14:58:36 EST

On 08/19/2013 05:29 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:23:44 -0700
Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The problem is that bcache is using new semaphore functions which it
just introduced which rt does not know about. The comment above their
definition says that it is wrong to use them and completion is the
right way to do it.
So my question is, why don't we use completion but this nasty hack?

I think I'm going to send them an email about that.

In the meanwhile, any hope of a patch to be able to compile and test
with my current configuration?

Can you boot without enabling CONFIG_BCACHE?

Just to confirm that the kernel builds, installs and boots fine without this option...
-- Fernando