2013 Kernel Summit: Call for Topics/Proposals

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Wed Jul 03 2013 - 08:45:56 EST

The annual Kernel Summit for 2013 will be held October 23rd through
the 25th in Edinburgh, overlapping with LinuxCon Europe (which will be
held October 21th through the 23rd) at the Edinburgh International
Conference Centre in the United Kingdom.

The format of the Kernel Summit will be:

* Wednesday: Break out sessions/workshops in parallel with LinuxCon Europe
* Thursday: Core plenary sessions
* Friday: Dual-track technical sessions

As we did last year, we are issuing this general call for proposals
to attend from which we'll select most of the Kernel Summit attendees.
We will be trying to cap the attendance at around 80-100 for the last
two days of the session, so please get your request in early!

Suggestions for topics should be sent before July 19th, 2013. Please
send them to

ksummit-2013-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please summarize what expertise you will bring to the meeting, and
what you'd like to discuss. If there are people whom you believe
would be important to have for your proposed topic, please include
them. Please also tag your e-mail with [ATTEND] so we can easily pick
them out, and use separate e-mail messages for each proposed topic, so
that mail threads for each topic can be kept separate. Sending one or
more [ATTEND] messages will be considered a request to attend the
kernel summit.

Requests to attend will be looked upon more favorably if you also
participate in the discussion of topics at:

ksummit-2013-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can subscribe to the list using mailman:

The best topics for the kernel summit tend to focus on topics which
are not appropriate for any of the subsystem-specific workshops or
minisummits, and which can not be easily resolved using the normal
e-mail and IRC channels. These include issues about our overall
development process, and topics which span multiple subsystems.

For reference, previous years' kernel summit agendas can be found here:

https://sites.google.com/site/kernelsummit2012/agenda
https://sites.google.com/site/kernelsummit2011/agenda