Re: GFS2: Add atomic_open support

From: Al Viro
Date: Thu Jun 06 2013 - 13:53:19 EST

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 03:50:12PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:

> The following patch implements atomic_open for GFS2. This is mostly
> straightforward, however there is one corner case which I've had to
> deal with, beyond what would normally be expected for a local
> filesystem.

Broken - what will happen if you hit a symlink, for starters? On everything
handled locally you should just return finish_no_open(file, dentry) and
let the caller deal with that; the only cases that might make sense to
handle in ->atomic_open() are regular files and directories. For gfs2 it
should be just regular files. While we are at it, do you even need
->private_data for gfs2 directories?