RE: 3.8.4 kernel

From: Huang, Xiong
Date: Tue May 07 2013 - 14:25:15 EST

> Joseph, if there's no hardware switch for the wireless on your G770, you can
> probably still take wireless out of the picture by removing or renaming the
> bcma module (look in /lib/modules/.../kernel/drivers/bcma/), then rebooting.
>
> Xiong, do you have a specific network manager-related test that Joseph could
> perform? I don't want to burden Joseph with a lot of debugging because he's
> currently happy with 3.6.11 and testing is pretty disruptive in his environment.

There is a stranger behavior for this issue: if only enable either one (Ethernet or Wlan), everything looks OK.
But once enable both, the issue arises.

And Misha Labjuk said:
------->
Comment #38 From Misha Labjuk 2013-03-10 21:10:15 (-) [reply] 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 v2.0 Fast Ethernet (rev
c1)

If configured by iproute2 (ip addr add...) stable working.
If NetworkManager running (just running, not managing) - ethernet die after 1-5
min. After "mii-tool -r eth0" working until next freeze.
<------

Unfortunately, I have no idea about NetworkManager :(

BR.
Xiong