3.8: gma500_gfx black screen on LVDS with Intel DN2800MT

From: Ivan StojiÄ
Date: Mon May 06 2013 - 05:22:20 EST

Hello!

I've been trying to get gma500_gfx running on Intel's DN2800MT motherboard for an embedded application. The gma500_gfx driver works correctly and without issues when I connect an external monitor on the VGA port, however, if I try connecting it to LVDS display instead, the screen goes black after loading the module. The system works in other aspects (ie I can ssh into the machine and work on it, but I can't get anything on the screen).

Attached are the lspci -vv output and dmesg output after appending drm.debug=0xe to the kernel command line.

I read several mailing list archives, but I wasn't able to find anything similar to this bug that's current - all mentions of similar behaviour are reported to be fixed in >= 3.6.

What's my best course of action here?

Thanks,
-i