Re: ipc,sem: sysv semaphore scalability

From: JÃrn Engel
Date: Sat May 04 2013 - 13:23:24 EST

On Sat, 23 March 2013 10:19:16 +0700, Emmanuel Benisty wrote:

> I could reproduce it but could you please let me know what would be
> the right tools I should use to catch the original oops?
> This is what I got but I doubt it will be helpful:
> http://i.imgur.com/Mewi1hC.jpg

You could use either netconsole or blockconsole. Netconsole requires
a second machine to capture the information, blockconsole requires a
usb key or something similar to write to. In both cases you will get
the entire console output in a file, often including very helpful
messages leading up to the crash.

Blockconsole currently lives here:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/joern/bcon2.git/

JÃrn

--
Unless something dramatically changes, by 2015 we'll be largely
wondering what all the fuss surrounding Linux was really about.