RE: X86 fpu registers in a signal handler's ucontext

From: Warlich, Christof
Date: Thu May 02 2013 - 05:05:22 EST

richard -rw- weinberger <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Are you telling us that Ubuntu shipped the wrong header file?

Hmm - at least I still don't know how to get the right definition
of uc_mcontext (with eglibc-2.13 on Ubuntu 11.10) ...

If I include both signal.h and asm-generic/ucontext.h, gcc reports
this error:

/usr/include/asm-generic/ucontext.h:4:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ucontext'
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/ucontext.h:119:16: error: previous definition of 'struct ucontext'

Thus, signal.h obviously includes the wrong i386-linux-gnu/sys/ucontext.h
defining uc_mcontext to be of type mcontext_t.

So is it still me doing something wrong or or _did_ Ubuntu ship
the wrong header files?--