Re: Basic perf PMU support for Haswell v11

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu May 02 2013 - 04:49:40 EST

* Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> v11: Rebase to perf/core. Fix extra regs. Rename INTX.

Actually, you did not do what I asked you to do, to rename INTX to IN_TX,
you still kept the 'INTX' pattern that is confusingly similar to
interrupts related names like 'INT3'.

I still see, even your latest patch, this:

+#define HSW_INTX (1ULL << 32)
+#define HSW_INTX_CHECKPOINTED (1ULL << 33)

Why are you ignoring maintainer requests, repeatedly?

It woulnd't be a big issue and I'd do the rename myself if this wasn't a
repeat pattern of passive-aggressive obstruction from you spanning several
years, resisting or obstructing maintainer feedback whenever you can ...

Thanks,

Ingo