Your action on perf bug report is requested was Re: Basic perf PMUsupport for Haswell v11

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed May 01 2013 - 06:10:53 EST

> I found a similar system (not same stepping, but same model) and tested
> perf top works fine here. Also on a couple of other systems.
>
> Since I cannot reproduce I would need your help debugging it.

Ingo, I haven't heard back from you on this.

You reported an unreproducable bug. I gave you several steps to
diagnose the problem, so that we can make progress on this.

You've had several days time now to to this, but I have not
heard from you.

If you don't report back from 5/3/2013 I'll assume it was some
other mistake on your side.

As a reminder:

I assume it worked before my patches. If you don't know
please double check. Also I assume there's no general
problem between the user land perf you used and the kernel.

The only patch I could think of which may affect other systems
is the moving of the APIC ack.

So does it work if you revert

perf, x86: Move NMI clearing to end of PMI handler after ...

If that is it we could white list it for Haswell.

If that's not it I may need a bisect, assuming the problem is stable.

Thanks for your cooperation.

-Andi