Re: ipc,sem: sysv semaphore scalability

From: Emmanuel Benisty
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 21:36:53 EST

Hi Linus,

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Emmanuel, can you try the attached patch? I think it applies cleanly
> on top of the scalability series too without any changes, but I didn't
> check if the patches perhaps changed some of the naming or something.

I had to slightly modify the patch since it wouldn't match the changes
introduced by 7-7-ipc-sem-fine-grained-locking-for-semtimedop.patch,
hope that was the right thing to do. So, what I tried was: original 7
patches + the one liner + your patch blindly modified by me on the top
of 3.9-rc4 and I'm still having twilight zone issues.