Re: Generic syscall ABI support

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 06:43:09 EST

On Friday 29 March 2013, Ley Foon Tan wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.
> Too bad we don't have in-house expert in klibc and musl port.
>
> Hi HPA,
> I knew you are the developer of klibc. Do you have any documentation to
> port a new architecture and also how to replace glibc with klibc in
> build?
>
> By the way, klibc or musl is easier to port?

I have no experience with musl, but klibc is probably the easiest to
port that you can find. Doing a new port doesn't require any prior
knowledge of klibc itself, the code is so small that any experienced
C programmer can understand it entirely in short time and do a new
port. However, it is also not meant as a general purpose libc or a
glibc replacement, as there is a very limited set of code that can use
it. It's certainly complete enough to test that the ABI itself is
working.

Arnd