Re: r8169 auto speed down issue

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 03:21:11 EST

hayeswang <hayeswang@xxxxxxxxxxx> :
> Francois Romieu [mailto:romieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> [...]
> > Your description suggests that testing against the link
> > partner ability to work at 10M instead of testing for
^^^^^^^^^^ -> "and"
> > tp->link_ok could be good enough.

As a policy we may assume that capabilities of the link partner won't
change after a link loss event - and there is currently no way we can
change this policy - but it won't always work as expected (especially
if "expected == automagically").

[...]
> Furthermore, should it not speed down without linking, even though the cable
> would be plugged after suspending or shutdowning?

I don't get your point. Can you reformulate ?

--
Ueimor