Re: intel_pstate_timer_func divide by zero oops

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Wed Mar 27 2013 - 23:13:51 EST

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Dirk Brandewie
<dirk.brandewie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any way to capture the beginning of this trace?

I tried but since the oops scrolls fast followed by a hard freeze, I
wasn't able to capture it completely.
May be I can try netconsole and see if that helps.

> pid_param_set() is on the stack which means that something is changing
> the debugfs parameters or the stack is FUBAR.

I somehow doubt the stack is messed up as the call traces are always identical.
(pid_param_set() seems to be in first trace as well.)

> I don't see how duration_us can be zero unless somehow I am getting
> back-to-back
> timer callbacks which seems unlikely since the timer is not re-armed until
> the timer function is about to return and the driver has done all its work
> for the sample period

Do the two oops with common call stack suggest back to back callbacks?

I will add some debugging checks tomorrow to see what is going on. But
sounds like a minimal fix would be to guard against callbacks in quick
succession?
i.e. return from sample if ktime_us_delta(now, cpu->prev_sample) is zero?

Thanks,
Parag