Re: ipc,sem: sysv semaphore scalability

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Mon Mar 25 2013 - 10:03:30 EST

On 03/25/2013 10:00 AM, Rik van Riel wrote:
On 03/25/2013 09:47 AM, Emmanuel Benisty wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And you never see this problem without Rik's patches?

No, never.

Could you bisect
*which* patch it starts with? Are the first four ones ok (the moving
of the locking around, but without the fine-grained ones), for
example?

With the first four patches only, I got some X server freeze (just
tried once).

Could you try booting with panic=1 so the kernel panics on the first
oops?

Sorry that should be "oops=panic"

Maybe that way (if we are lucky) we will be able to capture the first
oops, and maybe get an idea of what causes the problem.

--
All rights reversed.