retreive /proc/acpi/processor?

From: Kevin Qiu
Date: Fri Mar 15 2013 - 00:03:22 EST

Hi,
I am a newbie on Linux.
I am trying to read the CPU information through "acpitool -c". And I get a message as: " Function Show_CPU_Info : could not read directory /proc/acpi/processor/ Make sure your kernel has ACPI processor support enabled.
"
I went to the kernel configuration, it appears to me it's already enabled. And there're two tick box stating "deprecated /proc/acpi files, deprecated power /proc/acpi directories". Whether I tick it or not doesn't couldn't generate a new /proc/acpi/processor/
So is there a way to bring this functionality back?
P.S. I am using linux 3.2.0-23-generic kernel.
Kevin Qiu