Re: linux-next: manual merge of the signal tree with the modulestree

From: James Hogan
Date: Thu Mar 14 2013 - 07:25:30 EST

On 14/03/13 06:27, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the signal tree got a conflict in
> include/asm-generic/unistd.h between commit 837718bfd28b
> ("CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIX: cleanup") from the modules tree and commit
> e1b5bb6d1236 ("consolidate cond_syscall and SYSCALL_ALIAS declarations")
> from the signal tree.
>
> The latter moved the cond_syscall stuff to linkage.h, so I applied the
> following patch as a merge fixup and can carry the fix as necessary (no
> action is required). I am not sure if this is completely correct or all
> that is needed.

FYI, I've tested that symbol prefix stuff works on linux-next for metag
(after fixes applied from Rusty's latest symbol prefix patch).

Al: your signal tree still breaks symbol prefixed arches due to stuff
like this in kernel/sys_ni.i:

asm(".weak\t" "CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIXsys_quotactl" "\n\t.set\t"
"CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIXsys_quotactl" ","
"CONFIG_SYMBOL_PREFIXsys_ni_syscall");;

Cheers
James