Re: MTD : Kernel oops when remounting ubifs as read/write

From: Artem Bityutskiy
Date: Thu Mar 14 2013 - 05:13:18 EST

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 11:12 +0000, Mark Jackson wrote:
> Sorry ... this just locks up the unit.

OK, I've reproduced the issue with 3.9-rc2 in nandsim, see the details
below. The patch I proposed did not get the error path correctly, but it
does fix the issue.

I think what you treat as "lockup" is the fixup process. UBIFS basically
reads the entire UBI volume and writes it back. And it uses the atomic
change UBI service, which means it also calculates CRC of everything it
writes. And this all just takes a lot of time. This has to be done only
once on the first mount.

I've attached the following:

1. The patch which fixes the issue when I use nandsim. It is also
inlined in the end. Please, give it a try and be more patient -
wait longer. Please, do report your results back.
2. 'reproduce.sh' - a quick and dirty shell script which reproduces the
problem
3. ubinize.cfg - is needed for 'reproduce.sh'.

Thanks!