Re: [ 20/21] decnet: Fix disappearing sysctl entries

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Tue Mar 12 2013 - 19:04:19 EST

Larry Baker <baker@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Greg,
>
> Will there also be a 2.6-stable patch (Eric's first submission)? ÂMy CentOS 6.3
> systems still use 2.6 kernels.

Larry what is in CentOS is for the CentOS maintainers to determine.
Last I checked they followed RHEL and RHEL seems to have so little
interest in decnet that the module isn't even built.

Pushing it to the patch to -stable makes the patch available to them if
they want to pick up the bugfix.

Beyond that if you look at
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/log/?id=refs/tags/v2.6.32.60
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/log/?id=refs/tags/v2.6.34.14

You can see that it is Willy Tarreau that makes releases for 2.6.32.y
and it is Paul Gortmaker that make releases releases for 2.6.34.y

So I don't expect Greg KH has anything to do with those kernels anymore.

Eric