Re: Regression with orderly_poweroff()

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Tue Mar 12 2013 - 16:37:29 EST

On 03/12, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> So yeah, I guess
> everything could just go into a workqueue.

OK, I'll try to make the patch tomorrow. Should be trivial but it is
not clear how we should pass "bool force" without allocating the
work_struct which would be nice to avoid.

And I am a bit worried about UMH_WAIT_EXEC from system_wq. Should be
fine afaics...

And. It seems there is another problem. argv_split(poweroff_cmd) can
obviously race with proc_dostring() ? If nothing else, argv_split()
doesn't check 'argc' when it does "*argvp++ = t". And this is not
__orderly_poweroff-specific. This looks simple... and probably we can
even simplify argv_split/argv_free. We can simply kstrndup() the
original string once and do s/space/0/.

Oleg.