Re: BUG_ON(nd->inode != parent->d_inode);

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Mar 08 2013 - 18:28:10 EST

Oh, btw, I'm assuming you're testing current git like you usually do.

If so, just to humor me, can you try plain 3.8 (or 3.8.2 or whatever
the current stable kernel is). Because while the oopses may be due to
your extensions to trinity, let's make sure. Maybe something bad
happened in the merge window, and we're just wasting time trying to
figure it out, when it could be just bisected...

The pipe and symlink BUG_ON() bugs you've found are likely real and
old, so keep the patches for those around, but let's just verify that
the BUG_ON(nd->inode != parent->d_inode);" is old too.

I suspect it's a real and old bug, and that you'll be able to recreate
it with the stable kernels too, but just to make sure..

Linus