Re: BUG_ON(nd->inode != parent->d_inode);

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Mar 08 2013 - 17:41:37 EST

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> queue up the sad trombone noises.
>
> One of the things trinity passes syscalls is a page of deformed unicode.
> Apparently this page is so fucked up, that it crashes *printk*.

It's probably my debug stuff that is bogus. One of the string pointers
passed to printk %s seems bad, and instead of being a proper kernel
pointer it's "0xaf0f48ef7bdef7bd". So trying to access it causes a GP
fault (it's not a validly formed pointer)

I'm not seeing what the problem is, but I'll mull on it..

Linus