Minimal jitter, minimal obscurity - a simplified unix philosophy,and an optimized licence.

From: Ove Karlsen
Date: Fri Mar 08 2013 - 04:05:29 EST

As probably quite a few know now, I did the minimal jitter config for linux, that made general computing perform very well.

http://paradoxuncreated.com/Blog/wordpress/?p=2268

After having perfected this, which took me about 2 years, visiting the topic, quite frequency, to not so quite frequently, I made up my thoughs about what makes a good OS.

All OSs more or less do that same. Optimizing for low-jitter, makes the OS responsive, and "fast". No framedrops, and smooth gameplay, or videoplayback. No lost audio. This seems to be the major factor, in the immediate experience of quality, of an OS.

Programming-wise, minimal obscurity gives the least jitter. Minimal buffers, optimized libraries, and good libraryfunctionality. Least possible obscure API´s etc. No highlevel constructs where they aren´t needed.

This is very in line with Unix-philosophy.

So to me, the inheritor of that philosophy must be, minimal jitter, least obscurity.

General methods will usually work in most places.

I have also looked at the open-source licence. A licence that is as obscure as GPLv3 is today, is bound to perish, with those who understand it. One can generalize this thinking aswell, and align with the most universal of concepts, God.

I have done a lot of research on God, and before you object please read the research, and no other opion that that this is the most brilliant, will be accepted.

http://paradoxuncreated.com/Blog/wordpress/?page_id=62

And when general understanding of God is established, which is near all places, the licence can be simplified to the following:

"This program, plugin or function is licenced under
The Beneficient Open-Source Licence.

That means that its source is released
and shall stay available openly,
to benefit humankind, in the path of God.
And that shall apply to developments,
modifications, derivations, and branches.

The licence may not be changed, but modifications
between program, plugin and function may be done,
and used alongside software of other licences.

Peace Be With You."

And that retains the main intent of opensource. Sharing software, code, and that of making ones programming, open, and available, and not to be abused.

Take some time and think about it. Take some good time, if you want.

This is the licence I will be using, and what unix-philosophy means to me in 2013.

Peace Be With You,.