Re: kvmtool tree (Was: Re: [patch] config: fix make kvmconfig)

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 09:48:10 EST

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IIRC Windows support for kmvtool is work in progress - some
> patches already got applied.

People are working on SeaBIOS support which is just one part of
running Windows. But yeah, we'll hopefully support non-Linux guest at
some point.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What if somebody tells you that they are really tired of Xen,
>> and actually want to turn kvmtool into *replacement* for Xen
>> instead? [...]
>
> Actually, this was raised by some people - and I think some
> generalization patches were applied already but Pekka might know
> more about that ...

There was some interest but I don't think anybody sent patches for
that. There's no fundamental reason why we couldn't support Xen if
people are interested in working on that.

Pekka