Re: Supermicro X9SRL-F - channel enumeration error & ACPI/firmwarebug question

From: Dan Williams
Date: Mon Nov 26 2012 - 20:10:59 EST

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The "channel error register unreachable" message indicates that
> pci_read_config_dword() failed. The register in question
> (IOAT_PCI_CHANERR_INT_OFFSET) is at 0x180, so possibly we don't have
> PCI config accessors for the extended config space (0x100-0xfff). A
> complete dmesg log should show that.

Yes, this happens when extended pci configuration space is not
reachable. Although the need to access this register has been found
to no longer be needed. So, it appears this patch [1] from Dave
should be modified to just stop touching that register altogether and
then go to -stable.

--
Dan

[1]: http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=135310841032707&w=2