Streamlining Developer's Certificate of Origin, Signed-off-by tag

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Tue Nov 20 2012 - 15:59:53 EST

So it turns out everyone and their mother's attorneys love the
Signed-off-by tag and its definition as explained on the Linux kernel
under the Developer's Certificate of Origin. Its to the extent other
projects have picked it up and started documenting their own
documentation for submitting patches to embrace the same definition,
some without knowing what they were doing, some knowingly and
rightfully doing so. I think it'd be good to see more embracement of
the tag but to help do this it occurs to me perhaps it'd be good to
treat the 'Developer's Certificate of Origin' as a standalone
document that we can reference independently, and then have the kernel
itself refer to it. That is, provide a unified easy way to refer to
the practice for requiring the SOB tag and what it means.

Thoughts?

Luis