[REGRESSION] Kernel 3.5 to 3.7-rc4 / GMA500 / DPMS sometimescrashes system

From: Chini, Georg (HP App Services)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 14:03:08 EST

Hello,

I have an issue with the GMA500 driver for kernels from 3.5 up to 3.7-rc4.
I am using an Intel board with a D2700 Atom processor running Debian unstable.
Sometimes when DPMS switches off the screen the system reboots. More often it
does not reboot but shows a white screen on reactivation. Then I can ssh into
the box from another host but the white screen remains even if I restart X or
change VT. This never seems to happen the first time the screen is switched off,
generally it takes 3 or 4 cycles to trigger the bug. Kernel 3.4.3 works fine.
There are no messages in the logs. Any idea what might cause this or how I
can debug it any further? I will supply more details on my setup if needed.
Please CC me in your reply as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks in advance
Georg Chini