Re: sys_kcmp

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Mon Sep 24 2012 - 16:53:16 EST

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 01:44:47PM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> Good point, Eric, thanks! I'm cooking a new patch now.
> >
> > Btw, Eric, I somehow miss one bit -- how would you set this 0x100000000
> > if TASK_SIZE is a macro which does check for TIF_ADDR32 and sets limit
> > acordingly? What i'm missing?
>
> How odd. Last time I had looked TASK_SIZE was a simple constant.

Ah, I see.

> Still I wonder a little if all architectures currently run from 0 to
> TASK_SIZE, for address space available. I seem to remember there have
> been some exceptions to that rule. But I can't recall what they were.

Actually I;ve tuned up the code to use access_ok instead but now I'm trying
to fugure out situation if it can somehow affect c/r process (well, i've
ran all test cases we use for c/r and all are passed well, but still...).

Mark, after some more thinking, I agree that your proposal with min-address
should work better than mine explicit CONFIG_MMU. Could you please send
your patch for that? As to access_ok -- gimme some more time, i need to double
check everything and I'll patch the code on top of your patch a bit later, ok?