Re: [v4 0/4] ARM: dma-mapping: IOMMU atomic allocation

From: Marek Szyprowski
Date: Tue Aug 28 2012 - 12:51:34 EST

Hello,

On 8/28/2012 7:13 AM, Hiroshi Doyu wrote:
The commit e9da6e9 "ARM: dma-mapping: remove custom consistent dma
region" breaks the compatibility with existing drivers. This causes
the following kernel oops(*1). That driver has called dma_pool_alloc()
to allocate memory from the interrupt context, and it hits
BUG_ON(in_interrpt()) in "get_vm_area_caller()". This patch seris
fixes this problem with making use of the pre-allocate atomic memory
pool which DMA is using in the same way as DMA does now.

Any comment would be really appreciated.

Looks fine now. I will do some tests and apply them to my fixes-for-3.6
branch. Thanks for Your contribution!

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski