Re: Drop support for x86-32

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Aug 24 2012 - 13:25:50 EST

On 08/24/2012 11:05 AM, wbrana wrote:
On 8/24/12, Martin Nybo Andersen<tweek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
What I'd hate even more is rendering my old working hardware useless by
removing x86-32 support from the kernel. To reason the removal by saying
"Microsoft plans to do it" just makes me go bonkers...

Your old hardware will work fine with long term kernel.

Give it up. x86-32 support isn't going away for a long time.

The kernel exists to support existing hardware, not the other way around. As long as people want to keep using x86-32 on linux, it will continue to be supported.

Chris