Removing 'pos' from hlist iterators

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Tue Jul 31 2012 - 16:39:14 EST

Hi all,

I was working on code that uses hlists, and noticed something odd.

While list_for_each_entry needs 3 parameters (type*, head, member), hlist_for_each_entry needs 4 (everything like hlist_for_each + 'pos').

pos and tpos both serve as iterators in this case, and I think that there's no real need for this redundancy.

Would it make sense removing 'pos' out of the hlist iterators to make it more list the list iterators? The downside I see here is that it'll cause a lot of one-line changes all across the code since there are quite a few call sites.

Thanks,
Sasha