Re: [GIT PULL] PWM subsystem for v3.6

From: Alex Courbot
Date: Fri Jul 27 2012 - 01:58:05 EST

On Fri 27 Jul 2012 02:10:54 PM JST, Thierry Reding wrote:
* PGP Signed by an unknown key

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 02:11:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Thierry Reding
<thierry.reding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The new PWM subsystem aims at collecting all implementations of the
legacy PWM API and to eventually replace it completely. The subsystem
has been in development for over half a year now and many drivers have
already been converted. It has been in linux-next for a couple of weeks
and there have been no major issues so I think it is ready for inclusion
in your tree.

For new subsystems like this, I really want ack's from the people who
are expected to use it.

At least the patch that adds me as the maintainer is Acked-by: Sascha
Hauer, who did the original work, and Arnd Bergmann who was involved in
the review process. Other people such as Shawn Guo and Mark Brown have
also been reviewing these patches and new patches have been contributed
by Eric BÃnard, Axel Lin, Sachin Kamat, Alexandre Courbot, Alexandre
Pereira da Silva and Philip Avinash.

I'm adding all of them on Cc so they can ack this (I'm assuming acking
this email will suffice).

Acked-by: Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Tested-by: Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@xxxxxxxxxx>

I arrived too late to ack your patches, but if the practice is accepted please feel free to put these in the latest version of your pwm framework and pwm-backlight patches.

Alex.