Re: Kernel 3.3.8 breaks accidental ext3 mount of extended partition

From: Jeff Moyer
Date: Fri Jun 22 2012 - 08:33:39 EST

Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I think it can have something to do with the fact that the partition size
> is not a multiple of 4k (i.e. expected block size)?

Ahh, yes. Except that ext3 sets the blocksize to 1k by default.
However, I still can't explain why we don't get an error attempting to
access beyond the end of the device. I'll keep digging on that.

> BTW: blkdev_max_block() is a terrible name for something that intends to
> return size in blocks...

Fully agreed here, and I'll fix that up when I get my head completely
wrapped around this one.

Thanks for taking a look, Jan!

-Jeff