Re: multi-second application stall in open()

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Thu Jun 21 2012 - 17:32:34 EST

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 04:28:24PM -0500, Josh Hunt wrote:
> When you say the code has diverged from upstream, do you mean from 3.0
> to 3.5?

It's based on something diverged from 2.6.X, so an ancient thing.

> Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at. Also, if
> you have any links to the watchdog timer code you're referring to I
> would appreciate it.

Rakesh is the one who observed the bug and wrote the watchdog code.
Rakesh, I think Josh is seeing similar cfqq hang issue. Did the
watchdog code reveal why that happened? Or was it mainly to just kick
the queue and keep it going?

Thanks.

--
tejun