Re: gpio_keys_polled.c and DT

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu Jun 21 2012 - 04:53:44 EST

Hi Roland,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 05:02:03PM +0200, Roland Stigge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as far as I can see, gpio_keys_polled.c currently doesn't support DT
> initialization. Is there a plan in this regard?
>
> Rather than duplicating the respective code from gpio_keys.c, maybe
> gpio_keys.c could be changed to support a polled mode also? This way,
> gpio_keys_polled.c could be removed.

We had several attempts at gpio_keys and adding a polled mode and we
ended up with the driver getting too complex and having unwanted
dependencies. At the moment I believe that the split between gpio_keys.c
and gpio_keys_polled.c is justified even it it may lead to certain code
duplication.

However, if DT bindings are really the same we could split them off into
a separate library module used by both drivers.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry