Re: [git pull] Input updates for 3.5-rc0

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 17:59:39 EST

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Dmitry Torokhov
<dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe we could traverse up the tree till we find first non-class device
> (i.e. device with real driver bound to it)? Then we'd have:
>
>        wacom 2-1.2:1.0/inputX/eventY: some error happened
>
> type of messages...

That really sounds quite nice. It would make sense to show both the
actual device information, and the "software layer" on top of it.

Except maybe it then would be absolutely disgusting for some other
case. Hmm. I really can't think of any bad situation off-hand, though.

Linus