Re: [rfc v2 0/7] procfs fdinfo extension v2

From: Matt Helsley
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 14:02:19 EST

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 02:25:41PM +0400, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:

<snip>

> - finally it would be great to have ability to attach tasks to
> frozen tasks cgroup to thaw them at one moment (the preliminary
> patch I've proposed pretty long ago, but Tejun was modifying cgroups
> code and asked to wait until 3.4 is release, so I didn't check
> the current status of task cgroups at moment, I've it in my todo list)

This still strikes me as the wrong way to go about freezing for c/r.
You never explained why you had to do it this way. Why can't you inject
the parasite thread, move that thread out of the cgroup-to-be-frozen,
then freeze?

As best I can tell your reply last time only fleshed out the details
of *how* you would like it to work, not *why it needs to* work that way:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/30/27

Cheers,
-Matt Helsley