Re: [GIT PULL] KVM updates for the 3.4 merge window

From: Alexander Graf
Date: Tue Apr 17 2012 - 05:34:25 EST

On 04/17/2012 09:20 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 04/17/2012 02:05 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 15:53 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
kvm.git next is exposed to linux-next, where they get tested quite a
lot. Granted it's mostly build testing, and people are unlikely to
test
kvm there, but they will test the non-kvm bits that creep in there.

The alternative would be that I don't have a -next tree, just
collect patches and immediately send them to Avi. That way the main
kvm tree would be broken more often, but at least we don't get these
horrible synchronization latencies.

That works too. Don't post immediately; 2-3 week batches would reduce
noise.
Or do like I do with Kumar for FSL stuff... his stuff gets pulled via my
tree but his tree is in linux-next as well. There's no reason not to do
that.

That way, his next branch gets linux-next coverage whether it's in my
tree or not, and I pull when I put the final powerpc-next together,
which gives me a chance to do a quick vet "just in case" and sort out
any major conflict before it all goes to Linus.

Sure, that works too.

Sounds even easier to me. So how do I get my tree into linux-next?

Alex