Re: mtdchar kernel oops

From: Joel Reardon
Date: Mon Apr 16 2012 - 08:37:12 EST

The troubled asm pair corresponds to this line:
this_cpu_add(mnt->mnt_pcp->mnt_count, n) in the inline mnt_add_count().
So I suppose that perhaps either mnt is bad, or mnt_pcp is bad.

I'm using nandsim to simulate the mtd device. Steps are simple, load the
modules:
nand_ecc nand nand_ids mtd mtd_blkdevs mtdblock mtdchar
nandsim first_id_byte=0x20 second_id_byte=0xa5 third_id_byte=0x00 fourth_id_byte=0x15 parts=0xa40 rptwear=1000

then `ubiformat /dev/mtd0` does the oops.

> Could you add printk into mtdchar_open(), dumping mnt and count values
> right after simple_pin_fs() call?

It oopses before it returns from the simple_pin_fs call, so that won't be
possible...

Cheers,
Joel