Re: On patch "Remove all #inclusions of asm/system.h"

From: David Howells
Date: Sat Mar 31 2012 - 15:31:49 EST

Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> commit 9ffc93f2 "Remove all #inclusions of asm/system.h" removes a lot of
> includes while its parent commit 96f951ed "Add #includes needed to permit
> the removal of asm/system.h" adds only a few. Some of the files modified
> by commit 9ffc93f2 now only work due to indirect inclusion, don't they?
>
> For example, drivers/firewire/{core-device,core-topology,ohci,sbp2}.c use
> smp_rmb()Â and used to include asm/system.h. Now they do not include
> asm/barrier.h. Is this by mistake or on purpose?

I tried to make sure allyesconfig worked for x86_64 and a bunch of defconfigs
worked. I can't guarantee that that got 100% coverage. I also knew there
would be some breakage from the base Linux kernel having moved on by the time
Linus pulled myu patches - though I don't know if this is the case here (I
suspect not).

David