RE: [PULL REQUEST] DMA-mapping framework redesign preparation patches

From: Marek Szyprowski
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 04:04:48 EST

Hi Stephen,

On Monday, February 13, 2012 1:22 AM Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:32:17 +0100 Marek Szyprowski <m.szyprowski@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Our patches with DMA-mapping framework redesign proposal have been
> > hanging for over a month with just a few comments. We would like to go
> > further in the development, but first I would like to ask You to give
> > them a try in the linux-next kernel.
> >
> > For everyone interested in this patch series, here is the relevant
> > thread: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/23/97
> >
> > If there are any problems with our git tree, please contact Marek
> > Szyprowski <m.szyprowski@xxxxxxxxxxx> or alternatively Kyungmin Park
> > <kyungmin.park@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
> >
> > The following changes since commit 62aa2b537c6f5957afd98e29f96897419ed5ebab:
> >
> > Linux 3.3-rc2 (2012-01-31 13:31:54 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> > git://git.infradead.org/users/kmpark/linux-samsung dma-mapping-next
>
> I have added this from today.
>
> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
> you may know, this is not a judgment of your code. The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
> * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
> Signed-off-by,
> * posted to the relevant mailing list,
> * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
> * successfully unit tested, and
> * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.
>
> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

I've prepared a separate git repository for all our dma-mapping related works.
Could you update your database with the new entry? From now the dma-mapping
updates will be available at:

git://git.linaro.org/people/mszyprowski/linux-dma-mapping.git dma-mapping-next

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski
Samsung Poland R&D Center