Re: [RFC] AutoNUMA alpha6

From: Andrew Theurer
Date: Fri Mar 23 2012 - 10:17:27 EST

On 03/22/2012 01:56 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
AA> but now it's time to go back coding and add THP native
AA> migration. That will benefit everyone, from cpuset in userland to
AA> numa/sched.

I dunno about everyone else, but I think the thing I'd like to see most
(other than more interesting benchmarks)

We are working on the "more interesting benchmarks", starting with KVM workloads. However, I must warn you all, more interesting = a lot more time to run. These are a lot more complex in that they have real I/O, and they can be a lot more challenging because there are response time requirements (so fairness is an absolute requirement). We are getting a baseline right now and re-running with our user-space VM-to-numa-node placement program, which in the past achieved manual binding performance or just slightly lower. We can then compare to these two solutions. If there's something specific to collect (perhaps you have a lot of stats or data in debugfs, etc) please let me know.

-Andrew Theurer
is a broken out and documented
set of patches instead of the monolithic commit you have now. I know you
weren't probably planning to do that until numasched came along, but it
sure would help me digest the differences in the two approaches.