Re: WARNING: at arch/x86/kernel/smp.c:119native_smp_send_reschedule+0x25/0x43()

From: Don Zickus
Date: Fri Mar 23 2012 - 09:27:11 EST

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:47:38PM +0200, Sasha Levin wrote:
> I'm just wondering about the status of the patches to fix this issue,
> this is still happening on linux-next.

I got distracted with other stuff. I have been running code that does the
following in the shutdown path:

foreach_online_cpu
cpu_down

but I get occasional hangs on reboot that I haven't gotten around to
debugging. I assumed this is the approach Peter was suggesting though I
don't think he was sure if it was going to be reliable.

Cheers,
Don