Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the moduleh tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Fri Mar 23 2012 - 09:03:52 EST

Hi Paul,

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:49:31 -0400 Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Too bad the radeon commits weren't in linux-next, then we'd not
> have to be fixing these in the merge window...

Well, yeah, but I understand that they came in late.

> I think it makes sense for me to fold this into:
>
> commit 50af5ead3b44ccf8bd2b4d2a50c1b610f557c480
> Author: Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri Jan 20 18:35:53 2012 -0500
>
> bug.h: add include of it to various implicit C users
>
> in the bug-3.4 tree before requesting it to be pulled.

Except that this file does not exist in your tree currently, so you would
have to merge Linux' tree first (and put this in the merge commit). It's
probably better to just mention this to Linus when you request the pull
(along with the one in fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.h).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx