Re: Not able to use HIGH_RES_TIMERS on ARM

From: John Stultz
Date: Thu Mar 22 2012 - 23:28:08 EST

On 03/22/2012 03:25 AM, Ajeet Yadav wrote:
If I set ARCH_USES_GETTIMEOFFSET=n to use this feature, my target
fail to boot. (reason I well understand from our past discussions)
And this point I'm not sure I'm following. Why exactly does disabling ARCH_USES_GETTIMEOFFSET cause boot failures? Could you expand on the details here?

You should just end up using the jiffies clocksource, which would give you low-res HZ granular timestamps, but shouldn't get in the way of booting.

thanks
-john