Re: WARNING: Adjusting tsc more then 11%

From: John Stultz
Date: Thu Mar 22 2012 - 15:21:54 EST

On 03/22/2012 12:11 PM, Sasha Levin wrote:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:13 AM, John Stultz<john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:36 +0200, Sasha Levin wrote:
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM, John Stultz<john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:16 +0200, Sasha Levin wrote:
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Dave Jones<davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 11:50:10AM -0800, John Stultz wrote:

> So it would be great to get further feedback from folks who are seeing
> this warning, so we can really hammer this out, but I don't want the
> warning spooking anyone into thinking things are terribly broken.

One of the reports was from someone using vbox. I'm now wondering if
the other users are using some other flavour of virt. I'll ask.
I've reported this issue with regards to KVM before
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.devel/85632) but
according to this thread it's not really KVM specific.

It's easily reproducible using Dave's trinity running inside a KVM guest.
Great! Do you have a link to trinity? (Google just gives me a video of
its use and links to various churches)
Sure, the git tree is here: codemonkey.org.uk/projects/trinity/trinity.git

Basically just start 2*vcpu instances of trinity inside the guest and
wait a bit.
So I left trinity running in a 2vcpu kvm guest for ~5 hours and haven't
seen anything yet. Could you send me a .config for the guest kernel and
maybe your kvm command line?

Also, it shouldn't really matter, but are the guests 32bit or 64bit?

thanks
-john

Sorry, I missed this mail.

You should start several trinity instances, probably 4-5 on a 2vcpu guest.

Ah. Sorry I misread the 2*vcpu as "on a 2 vcpu instance". Thanks for the clarification. Re-running tests now.

thanks
-john